Friday, December 14, 2012

Two things

1. I continue to not really have things to say/write. It's not that things aren't going on, they are. Things are happening left and right around here, but some of them are boring, some of them are not appropriate to talk about at this time, and some of them are ongoing chronic things that just exhaust me to think about. But. I feel like those same things that are happening are fine. Even the less great ones like my car breaking down and getting towed. It was a combination of the cam shaft and crank shaft (hey now!) sensors and only cost $300 which I think was very lucky, by the way. I still plan to get a new car next year. Though it will be sad to say goodbye to the Barbie Jeep, we've had nine good years together and I don't want to have to start taking it in for routine maintenance that just costs a lot.

2. Every time I want to put something in this blog I have to sign out of my gmail account and into this account and then sign back into my gmail account. Blogspot works on the whole google log-in thing but will not allow me to use my gmail as my log in and so I have to maintain a separate log in. Holy crap it is so annoying. If anyone out there knows how I can get around this, do let me know.

BONUS THING: This afternoon is our office holiday party. I don't mind that it's a holiday party and not a Christmas party. After all, it is also not a Hanukkah party, or a Kwanzaa party, or a Bacchanal for that matter. How can the people who are pissed off about people saying "holiday" instead of "Christmas" ignore the fact that not everyone celebrates Christmas? What country are you living in, angry-people-who-hate-the-word-"holiday"? Why don't you just drink some nog and then meet us in the present day where diversity is a thing that happens. See you there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How can the people who are pissed off about people saying "holiday" instead of "Christmas" ignore the fact that not everyone celebrates Christmas?

I generally assume this sort of thing operates on the 'logic' of the unmarked case not being equivalent to the marked cases: normal people are white, straight, male, and Christian, so special privileges for those groups (including, but hardly limited to, having default social interactions reference their holidays) are different from special privileges for other groups.