Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Disarray

If my apartment had a theme, right now that theme would be UPHEAVAL. Luckily it doesn't have a theme.
However, there's still shit in boxes everywhere. I hate it. I hate packing to move because I find things that defy my regular-strength organizational abilities. I am forced to go into super-org mode. That wouldn't be so bad, but I have one less week than I thought to pack and that means that I have to move a lot of my stuff (with the help of my wonderful brother) on a day when I have a show. Right now we're in tech week and I'm tired.

I'm still excited to move, but you know how different it can be to just anticipate a thing than it is to actually do that thing. When I anticipated the move I imagined that I would be able to pack most everything in boxes and stack those boxes neatly and have complete access to my things. But, I'm still in the phase of figuring out what can be packed now and what has to be packed at the last minute because I'm still using it. Also, I want to get rid of lots of things but I don't just want to give the stuff away so I'm dealing with a million flaky people on Craigslist. Ugh.

Seriously, this isn't a big deal I guess I'm just making it one because I feel like I'm tired and my defenses are down.

I woke up at 5am thinking about all of the things I still have to do and the little time I have to do it in. I'd say a third of my thoughts were fairly productive, another third were just whiny worries and the rest was in dream-think so they didn't make much sense at all.

But hey! Moving in with the Man soon: Yippee. Let's just hope I don't bury us in boxes...

No comments: