Tuesday, January 25, 2011

In which I thumb my nose at winter, and smooching

Today I wore a dress. Do you know why?
Because SCREW YOU, WINTER. I'LL SEE YOU IN HELL!!!

That's why.

But then Winter got back at me and laughed while I had to park FAR from the dentist's office and walk and walk and trip and hobble and shuffle to and from my car. Then Winter made the traffic slow.

Whatever. I consider mine a moral victory. I am righteous.

Unrelated: I have a question to anyone who is in or has been in a long-term relationship. Have you ever noticed (or is it just me?) that once you are in a relationship where sex has been well established as something that will happen, the making-out kind of fades away? You still kiss. And the kissing: it is good. But. The hours-long deep kissing of yore is no longer a thing. Now you kiss a bit and think: "Hmm. Why are we not having sex right now? Let us do that."

Anyone? Anyone?

I mentioned this to the Man last night. And to his credit, there were more sweet sweet kisses. But I don't think he got exactly what I was saying. And it seemed silly to say: "Hey baby, do you want to sit on the couch and make out, with all of our clothes on, and not have sex, and just do that for hours like we used to?"

I'm sure I would have gotten the blank stare with accompanied head shaking.

Perhaps I'm just trying to recapture some of the butterflies-in-the-stomach, uncertainty, and excitement of the beginning. Don't get me wrong, I love the comfort and reliability and the sweetness of long-term. And there's still excitement; it's just different. Sometimes you think about this too, right?

1 comment:

die Frau said...

I get it. Maybe it's because the lovin' is inevitable instead of a hopeful conclusion?