Thursday, January 27, 2011

Snow, and other issues of morality


I know. It's getting boring with me constantly posting about snow. I am also bored of it. I'm bored of rarely finding reasonable/legal/safe parking and I'm bored of my street (pictured above) being a complete mess and I'm bored of snow banks. The Man and I ran a few errands last night of the Home Depot/Target variety and the snow piles in the parking lot were about 3 stories tall. No lie. I kind of wanted to climb them but the idea was rejected. I'll let you guess who didn't want to climb them but instead wanted to look at light bulbs.

While the Man and I were in the car on the way to the Depot I was singing about there being a million of him and he said:
M: What if there were a million Leslies?
Leslie: Eeek. Well. Actually, everything would be clean and delicious. So, that's ok.
M: far away voice There would be no war...
L: And they could all satisfy you sexually.
M: Whoa.

Because it's important to me that as a couple, we try to solve the world's problems...

I know I've been kind of phoning it in here. I'm not really talking about anything serious, or meaningful, or thoughtful (except for the making-out thing, that was grave). It doesn't mean I'm not thinking about things, or that I think the minutiae of my daily life deserve more consideration than actual issues of the world.
Recently I've been spending a lot of time thinking about morality, actually. About man-made laws versus what people can actually be expected to do. It's very easy for me to conform to laws and rules because I have all of the resources (and more!) to live within what society has deemed "normal". It's also easy for me to prescribe behaviors for others even though I've never been in their places. But should it be so easy? Certainly everything isn't so black and white?
I don't know the answer. This is why I've been thinking about it. And since I've not been able to come to any conclusion, really... well, I've been hesitant to bring it up. But here I am, doing it anyway. So yeah.
Think about it.

No comments: