Thursday, December 2, 2010

All turned around

Last night the Man was so tired he fell asleep at an embarrassingly early hour while we were watching tv. And I guess that made me feel kind of alone. I did manage to get a fair amount of sleep because of a trick the vet taught me (feed the cats right before you got to bed and they won't get you up at 4am to eat. TRUE! They got me up at 5:30, which was much better!).

Then when I got up I didn't really want to get out of bed and the Man literally wouldn't let me out (which is always nice because DUDE I don't want to get up I'd rather snuggle, but doesn't help me get ready for work) so I was up a few minutes later than usual. Then I after I thought he'd already left when I was talking to the cats during my shower the Man came to say goodbye and scared the bejeesus out of me.
Next, I tried to get dressed but NOTHING I put on worked. It was wrinkly, or didn't fit right, or didn't match. It took way too long for me to get dressed and now half of my clothes need to be folded and put back in their places.
Then I drove to work and parked in my normal spot. I got to my computer and found that I did not get asked to callbacks for the audition I had on Monday.
Then I read the email reminding everyone at work that since there's a Board meeting today could we please all park in the other lot. Uuuuuugh. I forgot.

Here's hoping that I can get a better handle on the rest of this day. Otherwise I might just crawl under my desk and hide until 5pm...

EDITED TO ADD: I also JUST remembered about "free cupcake day" at the greatest bakery ever. It was yesterday :(

No comments: