Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Long weekend hell yes

I love Thanksgiving for many reasons: the food, the togetherness, the long weekend, the FOOD.

We kicked it off a little early here last night with seeing our friend R play at the early show at Toad. Lots of great people were there. J and I had dinner next door before settling in at Toad, but not before slamming a beer while we waited to be seated. We both had salads (not terribly filling, or quick) and went back to suckle at the teat* of musical creativity and be surrounded by friends.

Our friend I had just gotten in from Colorado and it was a great surprise to see her out too. We all talked about our plans for the holiday and the next few days while she's in town. Tonight we'll be lucky enough to spend more time together as we head to the Paradise to see the Montbleau Band rock out. I'm very excited that this is happening on a night before a day when I can sleep in.
And writing of sleeping - both of the cats let me sleep all night. Well, ok, I got up at 4:30 to feed them because they started freaking out but everyone with cats does that, right? RIGHT? No, huh? Well, I was very grateful anyway to have such (relatively) undisturbed sleep. Ahhhh.

Tomorrow the Man and I will go to his parents' house in New Hampshire. It's nice because we only have to bring wine, drive an hour, talk to perfectly nice extended family members, eat a ton, and drive home. Easy-peasy**.

The rest of the weekend is shaping up to be pretty good too. I have a monologue to finish memorizing for an audition next Wednesday (11 lines down, 11 to go) and some furniture projects to work on, but I'm pretty sure there will also be some cocoa and snuggling and movies and yoga and sleep and hanging out.

Life: It is full. But also short. So I'll be sure to make it count.


*Ha ha ha. I am simultaneously amused and disgusted by this phrase.
**I like that this rhymes. Where did this phrase come from?***
***Aha! Via UrbanDictionary:

It comes from a 1970's british TV commercial for Lemon Squeezy detergent. They were with a little girl who points out dirty greasy dishes to an adult (mom or relative) and then this adult produces Lemon Squeezy and they clean the dishes quickly. At the end of the commercial the girl says "Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy"****.
****More rhyming!

Completely off any subject: I had a really weird dream where I was making food for a dinner party. I was cooking shrimp soup. And it turns out that some of the guests were human but others were those weird insect/crustacean things from District 9. I was really concerned that they wouldn't want to eat shrimp. The end.

No comments: