Monday, October 25, 2010

Last of the 30 Days of Truth

There's been a lot going on recently. But! Instead of going into those things I'd like to finish up the 30 Days of Truth.

HUZZAH!

Here goes:
Day 28 → What if you were pregnant or got someone pregnant, what would you do?
Hmm. It would be weird if I got someone pregnant. Though who am I to pretend to know the limits of medical science?
If I found out I was pregnant I would dance a little happy jig and get t-shirts printed up.

Day 29 → Something you hope to change about yourself. And why.
I hope one day to be able to actually throw caution to the wind and go after what I want without fear of losing what I have. Why? Because we only get one chance, right?

Day 30 → A letter to yourself, tell yourself EVERYTHING you love about yourself
Ok, I'd like to stick a caveat in here so that you understand that I DO NOT spend all of my time thinking about how awesome I am and what my best qualities are. But I also don't try to sell myself short. Please take this letter with a grain of salt...

Dear Leslie,

I need to write a letter telling you all of the things I love about you. It's best that this is coming now, at thirty-three, rather than at fifteen or twenty or twenty-five. Those letters would have been really, really short.
Let's begin.

I love that you love to laugh, and that you try to make other people laugh, and that you surround yourself with people who feel the same way. Luckily, there's a lot to laugh at in your life, so YOU WIN!

I love that you are professional and that despite the fact that people have found you cold at work they have NOT ever found you whiny or egotistical or emotional. You know what needs to get done most of the time and you do it. I think that makes you a valuable employee and friend and people don't forget that they can count on you. You are CAPABLE.

You value people over things and you're loyal to your friends. They know it and they return the favor. You have a beautiful and loving group of friends. You are lucky.

You've been able to sublimate your previous lack of confidence into a motivation to self-improve. You've worked on your creative endeavors, your physical strength and your relationships, and all of them have improved. Though you don't really party hard, you do bring an intensity to playing, working, and loving. That's important.

You objectively know that honesty in relationships (and with yourself) is necessary for happiness and you live that way. You haven't always, and that's cost you, but you learn from your mistakes.

I know that there will be more things to love five and ten years from now. I'll check back then.

-Leslie

No comments: