I've got some catching up to do on the Days of Truth. We're in the home-stretch here. Since sometimes my answers are a little short, I like smooshing a bunch of them together.
Day 22 → Something you wish you hadn’t done in your life
I'm going to have to go with "get married at 22 to a complete psychopath". I could say (and have said) that I wouldn't undo it if I could because it was a huge life-defining experience and part of what makes me me, but who am I kidding? There was so much misery that I'm pretty sure I could have done without. I think I'd like a do-over there.
Day 23 → Something you wish you had done in your life
I wish I had taken a semester abroad in France. I wish I had gone to Gordon's party at his parent's house my junior year in high school. I wish I had told off Felicia in middle school for writing nasty things about me back stage. I wish I had been more bold.
Day 24 → Make a playlist to someone, and explain why you chose all the songs
Hmm. Ok, I guess I'd make the following playlist to the Man (except I really wouldn't, since we generally don't listen to the same stuff, and I've always had this crippling fear that people will think I listen to the worst music EVER, which is why I almost never share my playlists with anyone).
1. Debaser - The Pixies
2. Maybe Today - Ryan Montbleau Band
3. Slow Down - Jesse Dee
4. Paper Bag - Fiona Apple
5. When I'm 64 - The Beatles
6. Red Hot - Jurassic 5
7. Jackson - Johnny Cash
8. A Little Less Conversation - Elvis
9. The Wind - Cat Stevens
10. I'll Fight - Wilco
11. Something (TBD) by Bob Dylan
12. I Will Follow You into the Dark - Deathcab for Cutie
And, dear Man, the reasons for these songs are:
1.This song should be on every mix because it's sofa king great. It is invigorating and you should know what songs you can play to make me excited.
2. This is one of the most fun songs ever and you know how I feel about the band. They've actually been a big part of my Boston experience and they've contributed a lot to the soundtrack of my life.
3. This guy is the fucking jam and I'll always remember when he was still just painting houses and he was painting the upstairs apartment and singing without realizing that we were downstairs in my apartment having sex. Unintentional sex serenade!
4. Fiona Apple can write and sing and this song expresses my feelings about some of the primary differences between the sexes.
5. We sang this together on the way back from hiking that one time and I LOVE it when we sing together.
6. You are Red Hot. And this song is so fun.
7. Sometimes I like to pretend that you are Johnny Cash and I am June Carter.
8. Best. Elvis. Ever.
9. I'm not going to lie: In my head I sometimes see us dancing to this at our wedding even though we have no current plans in that direction. It's a reminder of sadness and hopefullness, I think.
10. The lyrics say it all, baby.
11. I have not decided yet on this. I'm thinking Nettie Moore. Anyway, you love Dylan.
12. A simple love song that doesn't fear death.
Day 25 → The reason you believe you’re still alive today
Love. Along with a healthy dose of delicious foods. Dancing. A sense of humor.
Day 26 → Have you ever thought about giving up on life? If so, when and why?
When I was thirteen I wished I was dead. But I don't really think "DEAD" is something you can fully comprehend when you're thirteen. Also, you don't have enough life behind you to understand how much is still in front of you. I thought I was ugly, fat, annoying. I thought that I wasn't worth anyone's time. I didn't think things could ever get better. I didn't think I had the power to make them better. I'll never make the mistake of thinking that again.
Day 27 → What’s the best thing going for you right now?
Ha. I don't even know what this means. My shining personality? My ability to juggle? My potential?? Ha. SKIP.