Monday, March 29, 2010

Weekend update

This is me on Sunday just chillin' with Conan*. We're catching up on the latest episode of Lost, which I think was my favorite of the season. This isn't saying much; I haven't been that invested in this season.
It may seem like we're being a bit lazy, but it was actually a pretty full weekend before this. For me, anyway. Conan napped and ate and scratched and licked and napped some more...

Friday after work I picked up J and we went back to my place to await another friend (J also) for a dramatic haircut (for J the First, not me). I made an apple tart and drank wine while that happened. Then we headed over to A's a few blocks over to celebrate her birthday. I had more wine** and not a ton of food and I generally just basked in the warm loving glow of lots of terrific women.
While I was doing this my Man was having a beer (or six) with a friend. We texted around 11pm to decide where to meet up. Soon after I went to his place to settle in for night only to not be able to get in, or to get him up. UGH! Seriously, it was cold, and I wasn't dressed warmly AT ALL and he would NOT wake up. So, home I went.
The next morning he apologetically invited me over for breakfast (which he cooked) and all was well.
Saturday during the day he and I ventured to the new house that J bought (WOW, I KNOW!) to check it out. We made plans (some grand, some just involving paint or plants) and had some lunch. But not in that order.

I got home just in time to start making tacos and brownies for my brother's arrival. We had a nice dinner and watched The Men Who Stare at Goats, which I thought was really funny. Who doesn't love Clooney. Seriously? It's not even that I find him particularly handsome... it's that he's a really good actor who doesn't take himself too seriously at all. He wins me over every time.
But, yeah. All of this running around and doing stuff led to a pretty laid back Sunday where I ran some errands, cleaned up a bit, and sat around eating brownies and hulu-ing stuff. Good times.

This week I'm trying to focus on getting rid of lots of clothes and DVDs and books to de-clutter. It's quite a project. I'll call it The Great Decluttering of 2010. Pictures soon, I hope.


*What's Conan thinking in this picture? I think it's: "I really wish I could read subtitles or understand Spanish because this episode makes NO sense..."

**Two big cups of coffee and four glasses of wine and not a lot of food and NO water makes for cement-mouth of the foulest, most awful proportions. The cats literally locked me in place while I slept Friday night so I was a prisoner of my own gross mouth. Bah!

No comments: