Friday, March 5, 2010

Not a lot goin' on...

I’m kind of tapped out. Other than trying to get over this crappy stomach flu and totally cheating by eating regular foods because I have a serious taste aversion to BLAND… not much is going on. I am in on-going negotiations with my Man over the terms of our eventual cohabitation. I had a lovely dinner with my brother last night at an Argentinean place in Arlington. I’m unsure if it’s because of the gender issues in South America or just our waiter, but he served my brother first every time. Menu, wine, food. REALLY? I’m not one to strictly follow traditional gender rules but… wait. Wait! Oh, Ok, I may be one to strictly follow gender rules. Not all of them, just the nice ones that make sense. Oh chivalry, I barely knew ye… In any case, the food was delicious and meaty and spicy and did I mention delicious? My bro had the filet with pepper sauce and I had the short ribs with chimchurri sauce and mashed sweet potatoes and squash. To top it off, he had a piece of heavenly chocolate cake and we both had strong coffee.

Also, I learned a new fact from my brother (which I believe he learned from the last Michael Crichton book: apparently back in the day (of pirates, aaaarrgghhh!) RUM was not as smooth as it is today, and it was called KillDevil. Awesomely badass.

Anywho, tomorrow I’m doing a photo shoot with the same guy who I worked with on that pin-up calendar I did last year. This time it’s for something a little more… dressed. I’ll be wearing a black pencil skirt and white fuzzy sweater and sitting on Santa’s lap. I’m not sure yet if I’m naughty or nice, but I guess I’ll find out. OOOH! I also get to wear those stockings with the black seam up the back. I love those…
After that I should be meeting up with some fabulous ladies at the Paradise to see some super local music. Mmmm…the vocal stylings of Jesse Dee…
Tonight I’ll relax and watch a couple of movies with the Man. I wish you all a great weekend.

4 comments:

Sarah Berry said...

Dude! You can't just drop a line about co-habitation and not elaborate. Mean!

Leslie said...

Yes, I am EVIL.

CO-HABITATION!

There. I did it again.
More on that later...

die Frau said...

OK...how about we move in together, and you understand what I'm saying?

Niiiiiice move, babes. Have fun with the calendar!

Wonderland said...

Ok, although it irks me, I understand why some waiters will put the check down in front of the male. (Instead of in the middle of the table where it belongs). However, if *I* then put *my* credit card in the holder and hand it back to him, I expect that the waiter should return the holder to ME for the signature. Not return it to my date. I almost didn't tip that the last waiter who did that me. Makes me sick.