Monday, February 8, 2010

Can't sleep, cat's gonna eat me...

Wow. That sure was a weekend. Except it went by too fast. Could I perhaps have a do-over where there’s some napping or… napping?

Friday night after work (which I left at 4:30 weeeee!) I met up with A and J and some of J’s friends (good peeps) for delicious Mexican food and then a trip to the Somerville Theater for fantastic music. I underestimated how tired I was, though. So halfway through the main act I started to fall asleep. This made me sad, but what can you do? The beautiful thing was that when I looked over at A to apologize about having to leave early, her eyes were closed. And not in some “I’m grooving to the music” sort of way, either; she was also ASLEEP. YAY! So, home we went.

Saturday my brother (who is consulting nearby) drove up for breakfast and chilling. We ate tons of food and then went on some errands, which included him buying some movies for us to watch. I saw Zombieland (hilarious) and made us chicken sandwiches. The we watched Triangle, which is this weird horror movie that’s kind of like Groundhog Day, except not funny and with more killing. And set on the ocean. After that, we watched the thoroughly confusing Edenlog, which takes place almost entirely underground and ends with (spoiler alert) some dude plugging a tree into his belly and then the tree grows out of control like that screen saver with all of the pipes that keep on taking up the screen. Only with less awesome effects. So, after that he excused himself and left and I played with the cats and went to bed.

Sunday was a theatre day. In the morning I made delicious chicken soup (seriously, SO SO good). I also started on the orange hat I’m making for my Man. I had high hopes of doing most of it at the seven hour rehearsal, but it was so dark (it was a lighting-and-sound-cue day) that I couldn’t see to knit. I will have to really work on it over the next couple of days.

(I swear I don’t want to make this whole blog about how I can’t sleep because my cats are trying to kill me via sleep deprivation, but I just have to say that this was a particularly bad weekend for not sleeping as Conan is now SURE that 3:30am is THE PERFECT wake up time for everyone and I’m so tired because it’s almost show time for the play and I NEED TO SLEEP. FUCK! FUCK-A-DOODLE-DOO!)

What was that? I swear I heard something? Anyway.

This morning, I was VERY VERY close to pretending that I had the right to perform vigilante justice on someone who CUT ME OFF TWICE and didn’t even have the decency to look at me when I honked like a freak, flipped her off and shot laser beams of HATE out my eyeballs. Achtung you crazy bitch! You’re missing all the hate!

So, this Sunday is Valentine’s Day. And, I think I ruined it for myself by grinching out like I tried to do at Christmas. WHY DO I DO THIS? A few weeks ago I said to my Man: “Hey. How about for Valentine’s Day we get some take out and watch a fun movie?”

Now, this DOES sound good to me. The man hates getting flowers (don’t freak out, he doesn’t mind buying plants, but not cut flowers), and I hate all of the jacked up prices and crowds and commercialization of the Hallmark holiday, but I’m not sure why my immediate reaction to holidays is just to default to: “LET’S DO NOTHING!!!”.

Whatever. So I am making him a hat, and as long as he snuggles me and picks up some sushi, I think we’ll both be happy.

Likely unnecessary THE SOCK update: People, I am not actually concerned about the provenance of THE SOCK. The Man barely has time to one-time me, let alone two-time me...

1 comment:

Sarah Berry said...

Dude, I'm right there with you. Valentine's Day feels too forced - we do nothing! :)