Friday, February 5, 2010

Pop quiz and updates

Hey kids! Can you guess what I was doing from 3:40am to 4:30am?

a. sit-ups*
b. shaking with rage
c. clutching a spray bottle (also with rage)
d. crying
e. all of the above

If you guessed "all of the above" you'd be right! Fifty points to you!
*Ok, they weren't technically sit-ups, but I did sit-up every time the cat made a noise, which was ONE MILLION times so now my abs are harder than a box of rocks**.

I was just SO ANGRY not to be asleep. AGAIN. LIKE ALWAYS. FUCK. And more than once the thought: "I cannot BELIEVE this is my life" went through my head.
My man must have heard me being all weepy because he spooned me like a champ. I was still awake, but at least I was being cuddled.
I hope that I work up some energy today because tonight I have some delightful stuff planned: margaritas and enchiladas at Rudy's with some awesome peeps and then some super-terrific music at The Somerville Theater, from which I can walk home. I love being able to walk home because then I can leave on my own schedule and no one has to be inconvenienced and I can have some drinks if I want. And, I know it only takes 12 minutes to get home, which is also nice.

Switching gears! Remember that yarn I got from unraveling my mittens? (Scroll down, it'll just take a second...) Here's some of it now, keeping my neck warm:

So, it looks like I have a weird double-chin thing going on in this picture, but I don't. I'm just smirking. (So sexy)

ALSO! I have an update on THE SOCK! I talked to the man about it last night and he said it was from TWO! girlfriends ago (I think that's four years ago). It might sound weird, but if you saw his manner of house-cleaning, it would come as no shock. Instead of keeping his socks in a drawer (coupled by folding them together) he has a box-of-socks** which is a crate that has single socks going back to his high school days. We had a good laugh about it. Then we burned the sock in a commitment ceremony wherein he vowed to love only me for all eternity. Then we tattooed my (full) name on his penis prison-tattoo style, with a needle and some ink.***

**Please don't confuse "box of rocks" (i.e. what my abs are like) with "box-of-socks" (how my man keeps his socks).

***It's possible that I am embellishing this last part a bit.

No comments: