Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Food: cooked, frozen, and raw

Last night the man came over for dinner and I made:

seared duck breast
crispy latkes
green beans

and for dessert:
homemade vanilla ice cream with fresh blueberries

It was heaven.

*****
On a way less indulgent note, I think I'm going to do a raw-food diet cleanse. I'm hoping that it will do what it's supposed to: get rid of some toxins and give me a little boost of energy. I'll do it for a week, and hopefully, I'll discover a few delicious and healthy things that I want to have all the time (apple-parsley smoothies, anyone?). Instead of Fritos all the time, I mean.

Anywho, I'm sure I'll report on how that goes. I've heard a few different people talking about it lately - specifically people who do a lot of yoga, who said it improved their performance. They also said they were really energetic, while needing far less sleep (and that their sleep was deeper and more restful). That is something I'd really like.

1 comment:

die Frau said...

Please do let us know...I'm interested. There's a great vegetarian place in B. where they have this delicious raw pizza, of all things, if you want to consider variety. Good luck!