Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The arc of decision making and then unmaking


7:30 am: Reminder to self! The Man will be out with other people tonight.

8:00 am: Consider options for evening (review lines, iron clothes, drop off box at UPS, watch Netflix, run errands, torture cats)

8:30 am: OMG I could totally go to 7:45 yoga and be the best person ever because: working out = responsible sexy adulthood

8:31 am: I AM SO AWESOME AT DECISIONS

9:20 am: Whoa. We’ll be out of town this weekend, so I should get some things done.

9:26 am: But still, totally doing yoga.

10:14 am: I am SOOOOOOO hungry. Work is lame.

11:02 am: Too many meetings. But hey, later yoga will be awesome.

11:54 am: Hm. With all the things to do later, can I still go to yoga? Will there be time?

1:33 pm: There is too much to do. Life is overwhelming. Why can’t someone else just do it all?

1:40 pm: Must calm down. Yoga will help.

2:22 pm: Tired. Yoga will provide energy and will help me to overcome this tiredness and stress.

3:08 pm: Unicorns are just so pretty.

4:24 pm: I am ready to get out of here.

4:30 pm: If I don’t go to yoga I will have so much more time tonight to get things done. AAAAAHHHHHHH!* I have just given myself the gift of TIME.

4:48 pm: I SUCK.


*sound of angels singing

1 comment:

Wonderland2 said...

(unfortunately) This all sounds very familiar.