Thursday, July 19, 2012

Silent

You guys, last night I watched The Artist. It's been sitting next to the tv for weeks because I know the Man doesn't want to see it and I wasn't in the mood to pay attention. But oh my. Oh my my.

It was a surprise to me that it took very little time to get into the silent movie convention. It seemed pretty natural after a while. Everyone was so beautifully costumed and made up and coiffed. But the two main characters, Jean Dujardin and Bérénice Bejo were so achingly beautiful and charismatic! Every smile was a gift - and these two smile a lot.

As an actor (that's right, I'm claiming it), it was particularly interesting to see such expressive people keep attention so well. It's hard to know how audiences react when you're acting. You can only really hope that on stage you're giving the audience what you would want if you were there.

I highly recommend this movie. It was gorgeous.


Then I went to bed and one of the cats woke me up at 3:30 and I've basically been up ever since. At least that made second breakfast seem totally justified.


No comments: