Friday, May 4, 2012

Last night's dinner

Last night I went out with J from the theatre and we had ALL THE SEAFOOD. We went to Neptune Oyster in the North End and had

Some octopus cocktail:
YUM! It tasted like I would think octopus salsa would taste like. (That is in no way an insult to this dish or salsa.)

Then we had something called "Triton Plateau":
Yeah... it's oysters, clams, mussels, shrimp, crab cocktail, and lobster cocktail. Lots of it.

And, for some warmth, we ended with clam chowder:
Sorry. I took the picture after we eated it. It was fairly thin, but tasted amazingly homemade and delicious and like it was made from all identifiable ingredients. Also, they had oyster crackers that were huge and puffy and thankfully did not come from tiny plastic bags.

The entire meal was delicious, the company was delightful, and a good time was had by all. I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

Theatre@First said...

So jealous! Love that place! And if J-from-the-theatre is who I think it is, I am triply jealous of both of you!

Wonderland2 said...

That looks like the kind of place I would like to visit next time I'm in town :)