Monday, May 21, 2012

Cats, sleep, and planty planters

When the Man and I go to sleep, there are not usually cats on the bed. But the first time (of many) that I wake up, there area almost always two cats on the bed. One is always between my legs, making moving my legs impossible. The other is generally at my side. I have made a drawing for you. Can you guess which position, 1, 2, or 3, the second cat usually takes?
If you guessed 1 or 3 you'd be wrong. If you're wondering how a cat could possibly find it comfortable to sleep on top of my arm, then I have no answer. They just like it, is all. My suspicion is that they think it's easier to immobilize me by denying my limbs blood than to try to manipulate me when I have all my strength.

So obviously I am sleepy and my arm is still asleep.
Actually, my arms (and the rest of me) are screaming in pain because the Man and I spent all day yesterday in the garden, prepping and planting. The Man's mom brought us a lot of seedlings so we very excitedly had a plant-fest. I stupidly forgot to take pictures. But there are vegetables! And fruits! And flowers! Also herbs! WHOA, right?
And! We have this bird that I have named "Yardbird" because he comes into our yard. He was quite brazen and every time I tossed a grub out of the garden he swooped in to grab it. But he also kind of hung out and chatted. By the end of the day I had given him about 50 thousand grubs and he told me his life story. Good times.

I'll try to remember to take some pictures tonight. In the meantime, here's a barely visible Yardbird seeking more grubs:
How you gonna be so greedy, Yardbird?

No comments: