Friday, December 2, 2011

Gory scenes

This morning in the car I was hit with the memory of that scene in Heathers, where Winona Rider and Christian Slater are in his car, and she's feeling super guilty because of her involvement in all the murdering, and to punish herself she takes the car's hot cigarette lighter and drills it into her hand. Christian Slater (who does NOT feel guilty) reacts by taking her hand and lighting his cigarette from it.
I'm not sure why I thought of that.

Last night I had terrible nightmares and I woke up all stiff and knotty. I dreamed that a stalker was chasing me and was terrorizing me by chasing and threatening all of my friends before getting to me. Then I had a dream that a bunch of friends and I were watching a show that re-created all kinds of sick gory murders. Not for the purposes of solving crimes - just so people could see the murders. It was a very popular show and all of the murders were shown with my high school as the background.
I used to have nightmares every single night, but that hasn't really been the case for years. I seem to be going through a phase of them right now, which I could do with out.

Let's hope for a weekend free of nightmares! I'll be going to yoga later with the Man and then a wedding tomorrow, so it should be delightful all around. Enjoy your weekend. Yes, you.

No comments: