Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I am a student of the world

Last night after returning home from a lovely dinner with my brother, I went for a jog. Yes. After I had just eaten a full meal. A jog. Because why not? I'm trying to do more cardio, and it wasn't too late, and the sun had gone down so it was cooler(ish), plus, the Man wouldn't be home from softball for awhile...

Two things I learned last night:
1. After bread, red wine, filet mignon, and Kahlua-spiked coffee, a jog is a questionable idea at best. Even a short jog.

2. If you make it through your jog without reverse-eating or crying (which I totally did), and you get to your house, and you lean over the lawn hoping to spit all the accumulated gross phlegm out of your mouth, you should first remove your earbuds. Otherwise, you run the risk of spitting directly on the cord of your earbuds. Then you might have to touch that spit. Then you might get even closer to throwing up.

After I cleaned off the earbud cord I took out the trash and as I was doing so the Man came home early. He was somewhat impressed that I had actually been exercising willingly. I was just pleased that he came home to find me that way, rather than standing in the glow of the refrigerator, drinking chocolate milk right from the jug.

Not as if that happens a lot. Just sayin' is all.

1 comment:

Strongmama said...

I've done this a couple of times and it's always been a bad idea for me too. Once when we lived in Philly, B and I went to a bar that was right next door to our gym. I downed a burger, fries, and a beer, and then hit up the next Tae Bo class. Probably one of the dumbest ideas ever!