Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Gent

Recently, the city of Somerville has been putting these speed-bump-y brick things into intersections:
In general, I have to agree with anything that makes the area safer and prettier. But I wonder if this is the beginning of the end. Prices are already super high here and if we start attracting people who are richer, I'll have to stop spending so much money on Starbucks and 2nd-hand vintage stuff sold in fun shops just so I can pay my rent.

I'm not that worried about not being able to afford living here, so much as I am a bit concerned that the quirkiness of Somerville will be undermined. I don't want small businesses that sell completely unnecessary yet beautiful things to have trouble affording to stay.

I guess we'll cross that intersection when we come to it...

No comments: