Sunday, December 26, 2010

Rearranged

I set my alarm for 7am so that I could shower and get ready. My flight was to leave at 11:15.

At 6:40 my Dad knocked on my door.

Dad: Hey. Your flight is canceled.
Les: Ugh. I'll be right down to check for another flight.
I go downstairs to call the airline and my Dad has my flight cancellation information up on the computer.
Les: Oh, they re-booked me automatically. Oh. It's a flight that leaves at 4pm and routes me through Indianapolis. I get into Boston at 9. COME ON!
Dad
: Hm. Well...
Les: Right, if I get into Boston at all...
Dad: What's this? "Click here if you want to see alternate flights"?
Les: Yes! I do want to see alternate flights!
click
Les: HA HA! A 10am flight. And the only seat left is 5A.
Dad: First class...
Les: It's a day-after-Christmas miracle!

I'm home, I'm warm, and I'm watching the 18-20 inches make its way onto my car and the streets.

1 comment:

Wonderland said...

If this were FB, I would "like" this story. Well done. Cheers! Kisses.