Monday, November 8, 2010

Weekend colors

This weekend was pretty low-key/low-effort. I did encounter a lot of green things. Here's some of the pea soup I made and the green yarn I bought to make a scarf that goes with the brown-and-green yarn I made a hat from last winter. Also, it's on my green ottoman. I would have also shown you my green phone but I used it to take the picture...
Here are the "flower" toppers I used to decorate the cookies I made for my friend's birthday party. The tutorial is at How About Orange (I think). Her craftiness knows no bounds.
I made these out of the new Anthropologie catalog because the pictures are so beautiful and I shouldn't be buying anything (else) from there anyway...

The 80s themed party was kind of awesome because there were some GREAT covers played. An acoustic Billy Jean and Girls Just Wanna Have Fun were two that stand out in my head, along with a super duet of Leather and Lace. I had three beers and all night long I felt like my head was going to explode. I woke up several times and when I finally did get up I had to take it EXTRA sloooooooooooow.

I am feeling better now after some breakfast and extra strength Tylenol...

I could use a nap.

EDITED TO ADD: I even had a dream that was just my friend N saying: "My head hurts. I need some water". That might be the most transparent dream I've ever had. Thank you N, I did need water...

No comments: