Thursday, October 7, 2010

Earworm and a (fake) Day of Truth

Mock!
YEAH!
Ing!
YEAH!
Bird!
YEAH!
Yeah!
YEAH!



You know this song, yes? It is my nemesis. The earworm to end all earworms. Once in my head it can take an ENTIRE bottle of vodka* to remove it. Seriously. I have it in my head now (of course, otherwise I wouldn't be able to talk about it for fear of getting it in my head...).
I used to work at a place that played XM radio and everyday was a different theme. I believe this song was played on Country-music-Tuesdays. Now, I thought the awesome thing about satellite radio was that it played a jillion different songs but I seemed to hear this song at least twice every week. Goddamn.

*Vodka taken orally, not aurally, FYI.



DoT #14 A hero that has let you down**
It was rainy and cold that day. The day HE let me down. He was my mentor; the man I could count on to know the answers to all of my questions. I never knew a man who knew more about... Pugs.
He could tell you from 50 yards if a pug needed to have its face-wrinkles cleaned. Or if it was actually looking at you or just staring at something to its left (and right). He could look at a picture of a pug and tell you what its favorite doughnut flavor was, with 96% accuracy. He was a great man.

But one day, when we were at the video store renting the Star Wars hexilogy*** for the thousandth time and we got some snacks for the test pugs (our research was brutal and time-consuming - we were trying to determine if snack choice made a difference in whether the pugs supported the Republic or the rebel alliance) he causally ripped open a bag of M&Ms and... he ate... a blue one. A BLUE ONE!!
MY HERO LET ME DOWN.


**I can't think of any time this has actually happened, so I made this up. Duh.
***Pretty sure I just invented this word. You're welcome...

No comments: