Monday, September 13, 2010

Weekend update with some fuzzy pictures

On Friday night I went with some peeps to RI to see some bands. I feel like I danced for four hours. Probably because I did. The Bridge and the Ryan Montbleau Band rocked my face off and also made my feet hurt. And I wasn't even mad - I loved it!

Saturday I did some things around the house I'd been meaning to do. One of those thing was making roasted pepitos. Pepitos are Mexican pumpkin seeds that they sell at Trader Joe's. Until now it's just been too hot to make anything in the oven, but Saturday was cool in the evening, so I watched some X Files and roasted some seeds. Here is the fascinating and exciting photo evidence of my amazing cookery:

First take some raw seeds and coat them with canola oil. Then put them in the oven for the roasting.
Next, toss them with some spices (in this case: salt, pepper, curry, cumin, and cayenne because I like spices that begin with "c").
Last, enjoy!
I'm not sure why the pictures have that "magical" quality, but it might be because when I cook I use magical powers.

Sunday brought more errands and a theatre meeting and some lazing around. The Man came over at night and we ate lamb-burgers (with feta, tomato, and spinach as a topper and olives and home-made pickles on the side).

This week I need to go birthday shopping for my bro and I hope to also sign up for ukulele lessons. This afternoon I have a physical that will make me leave work early and after that I'm planning to drop some things off at the Goodwill to gt them out of my car. And then maybe I'll hit yoga. YAY! Doing things!
Maybe the only good thing about Monday is the promise of all the things I will accomplish in the coming week.

No comments: