Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Long weekend

I'm not feeling all that "write-y" at the moment. I feel like there's a lot to do ahead of me (not that that's a bad thing at all, but my mind does tend to fixate on ALL THE THINGS AT ONCE and then ALL I want to do is sit on the couch in my underwear watching The X Files and drinking hot chocolate). Where was I? Oh yeah, there's a lot to do. I'm in the middle of a couple of projects and I have yet to sign up for ukulele lessons - I'm giving myself until the end of September on that one. Plus, just other stuff that you have to do all the time...

So, I'm just going to hold on to the relaxing weekend that the Man and I shared at his parents cabin by Little Squam Lake in NH this past weekend. It was chillier than I'd hoped, so I didn't go in the water, but that didn't stop other people from going in.We left the dock and said goodbye to the beach. Yup, all the trees look bent over because the wind was blowing like a motherfucker, saying "Here I am, rock you like a HURRICANE!" (get it, because it was a hurricane? Earl? Anyone a Scorpions fan?)
The Man is wake boarding here. It looked hella-fun and I will definitely try it next time. Provided it is above 80 degrees. It was only 63 degrees when we were there. And did I mention the wind?
That's why I stayed safely and warmly in the boat. Under warm, dry towels...
The beginings of a pretty kick-ass sunset.

No comments: