Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Back on the slab...

I went to the doctor again yesterday. Last Monday I had a regular old physical and yesterday I went to the girl-parts* doctor to have my annual check-up.

The doctor's office called me in the early afternoon to ask if I could come in two hours earlier because they had a cancellation. I indicated that my boss probably wouldn't love my leaving two hours before I'd planned. They pushed and asked me to come in a half-hour earlier. I said ok. This is only important because once I got there they ushered me straight into the teeny room, I got undressed save for the gigantic robe (open in front, of course) and sat there. For thirty minutes. Hmm. You know it's not a big deal that we started late, and I wasn't particularly eager to have quality speculum time, but:

1. I came in a half hour earlier only to be seen at my regularly scheduled time and -
2. the waiting wasn't sitting-in-the-reception-area-reading-The-New-Yorker waiting it was hang-out-mostly-naked-on-a-cold-bench-looking-at-the-BMI-chart waiting. Less awesome. Though now I know that my BMI is 21.

In any case, you'll be happy to know that my lady bits are all healthy and beautiful and made of magic, just as I'm sure you suspected. You're welcome for this post.

*Like how classy I am that I didn't write "vagina"**??
**Oops.

End note: apparently, for maximum breast health, a woman should not consume more than 4-5*** alcoholic beverages PER WEEK. That's not a typo.
***Oops.

1 comment:

die Frau said...

At least you didn't have to wait that extra half-hour? Ummm....

This is why I always bring a book. One time I waited an HOUR in the room. I even fell asleep, curled up in a ball in that godawful paper gown.