Thursday, August 26, 2010

Little differences

This is my towel after a shower. This is the Man's towel after a shower.

We are very different people. Most of the time when we're at his place and I use the bathroom I have to treat it like the bathroom at Logan airport. And I have to grab the soap out of the shower to wash my hands. And if I want to dry my hands I have two choices: the shower curtain or the crumpled pair of boxers on the floor that he discarded before hopping in the shower. I bet the towel he used is lying on his bed.

And yet, he's so damn dreamy...

I have 4 different kinds of moisturizer within a three foot radius of my bathroom sink. He has none. At his place we have two different tubes of toothpaste because the growing cement-blob on the cap of his tube makes me all skeeved out.


With other people this might really bother me, but I find myself almost always laughing instead.
"Seriously? You're going to put the wet towel on the bed?"
"Really, you got paint ALL OVER yourself?"
"You know that when you leave cereal and milk in the bowl it turns to cement, right?"
"I think you've discovered a new kind of mold here, baby."


Hee hee.

4 comments:

The Perfect Space said...

I think laughing at it rather than getting frustrated by it is one of the qualities of healthy long-term couples. They've done studies :-)

Wonderland said...

I have a science experiment growing in the cup holder in my car. I hope you'd laugh with me instead of getting grossed out! (I can't clean it! I can't get my hand in there and my imagination can't work out a solution!)

Leslie said...

I wish you'd told me that when I was at your house. i would have cleaned it for you because that's one of the ways I show love...

die Frau said...

I could do the EXACT SAME POST. Except with more clothes on the floor. Oh, silly men.