Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Chicken cordon bleueueueueu

Last night my brother came over for dinner., We had chicken cordon bleu with peas and mashed potatoes. I know what you’re thinking (creepy, right?). You’re thinking: Les, I obsessively track your eating habits, and didn’t you just have chicken cordon bleu with your brother??

Yes, yes I did. But he will only allow me to make chicken cordon bleu with potatoes and a green vegetable. Or tacos. If those things aren’t on the menu, then we must go out for steaks.

He has very specific needs, my friends.

But that’s not the point. We were recreating some very cool tunes with the only instruments we had available at the time, our mouths, and we were getting very excited singing Elastica’s Connection, and I was jumping and dancing, and I wrenched the fuck out of my arm. It hurt. I’m not sure how I did it! I would blame my old, crumbly, brittle bones, but I drink tons of milk, so no, that can’t be it… Anyway, it sucked.

Later, when I was in bed trying to sleep, I kept moving my arm and then cursing. I have a bad habit of putting my arms above my head as I sleep [I think this is because with the man (sometimes) and the cats (almost always) at my sides there’s no room for arms]. At 1am I woke up to several very loud screaming people in Ball Square. Now COME ON! I know I’m an old lady who needs to work in the morning, but I like my sleep to include SLEEP. At first I put a pillow over my head because I didn’t want to close the window (because when I get up it signals the cats to party, no matter what time) but I had to get up and close it after about 5 minutes; I couldn’t take it anymore. Much to my amazement, the cats didn’t go anywhere or move. Or, you know, breathe…

OHMYGAD The cats are dead!! Not really. But this is what I thought over and over until I finally heard one of them move. Then I went back to sleep. Until 3:30 when they wanted to have a rodeo on my chest. Fun times.

I woke up shockingly refreshed for the quality of sleep I got – this probably had something to do with the fact that it is BEAUTIFUL outside. Again. YAY!

I zipped off to work after a banana-and-juice smoothie that I made for breakfast because I’m wicked healthy, yo. As I walked up the stairs I fell right down (stupid new gladiator sandals that look awesome and my feet are finally toughened up enough to wear but I still fall because I fail at walking!) and scratched up my knee.

Ahhhh, yeah.

But still! I am confident that TODAY WILL BE A GOOD DAY. I’m willing it. I think that if you help me by willing it too, we can make it happen. Together. Maybe get a coffee first, for energy. Ok. Meet you back here in 5.

No comments: