Monday, April 5, 2010

Title

I got the title of this blog from a Tom Robbins book – probably my favorite book – Still Life with Woodpecker. Since then I’ve read a few other books he wrote, and I have barely enjoyed them (actually, I’ve barely been able to get through them…). I don’t know why his magic only grabs me through SLwW, but that’s how it goes.

In any case, at one point, one of the characters is discussing how there are “Yum” people and “Yuk” people. When I read that, I knew I’d strive to be a “Yum” person, as much as I could. Now, I’m not saying that I don’t do my share (and then some) of complaining, on this blog and off, but I do try (TRY!) to keep things on the positive side. When I go back and read posts from months ago or longer, I love remembering all of the wonderful, fun things I did and people I spent time with. I want this blog to chronicle good times and bad, but I never want to lose track of the fact that I KNOW how fortunate I am.

Yum.

1 comment:

Wonderland said...

You are Yummy. No doubt.