Thursday, April 22, 2010

I'm a Manager!

Awhile ago Die Frau posted something about summing up your life in six words. I wrote something in her comments, but I'm changing mine to:

I need to manage my expectations


This works on so many levels. Expectation-related issues I could focus on/manage better in 2010:
-Sleep: I need more, the cats* disagree.
-My job: It's not my dream job, it will never be my dream job. Get over it.
-Theatre: Perhaps if I want to win the lottery, I ought to buy a ticket? Translation: Put myself in a position to be available for and visible to people who know of paying gigs.
-Travel: Um, plan. Then save. Fin.
-The other thing: I will not mention the living together thing** because it's always "out there" and I need to divert my attention from it sometimes because holy potato it's an all-consuming issue for me. Clearly, someone needs to catch up with me, and fast***.


Thank Jeebus I'll be having a wine club tomorrow night with my ladies. My expectations for that are high, and they're sure to be met.


*Ideas we've floated recently: electric shock collars, very strong drugs, staged double kitty-suicide pact

**Do you like how I didn't mention it? At all?

***Because I am a catch. A CATCH for FUCK'S SAKE. So maybe someone should step into adulthood, take a risk, and realize what we have is worth saving (instead of letting it die a slow an crazy death of rejection and salty***** sad-girl tears)****

****Oh, that drama...

*****Mmmm. Salt.

1 comment:

Wonderland said...

You are a catch, baby.