Thursday, April 1, 2010

Clothes, beer, etc.

Last night I tried to run several errands, but I completed just one errand. Unless you count drinking beer with some theatre peeps. In that case I completed TWO.
After work I went to my place to gather two garbage bags of clothes and several pairs of gently worn shoes for trade. When I got to the store I unloaded my many, many items. They took four of them. Out of about forty items. So, if my math is correct, I am approximately 10% hip and vintage. No matter, the rest goes to worthy local charities, so I don’t consider it a loss. Plus, I got $25 in store credit, which is nice.
This is probably a good transition into confessing that I fell off the wagon, not-shopping-wise. I bought two pairs of pants last weekend. Here’s the thing: I don’t think it’s that bad a misstep because the pants were on sale and I’m really bad at pants. It’s so hard to find pairs that fit so to find two pairs at Anne Taylor that were on sale and I can wear to work… Well, I couldn’t not do it. Plus? Remember the part where I got rid of about forty different items of clothing? I also have a big donation pile to get rid of. So, it’s still a net win in my humble opinion. Also, the not buying stuff rule (which I am still trying to adhere to until the deal is up in June) is mostly in place to make me think before I pull out my wallet and buy something. I don’t want to say: “Well this t-shirt is only $10 and it’s really cute”. That’s not the point. The point is that I have twenty t-shirts at home and I don’t NEED any more. In that way, this exercise has been a complete success.
Anyway, after my clothes-trading/donating last night I had planned to hit up Target for cat food and to drop off the rest of my donations, but instead I went to a bar to meet up with some theatre peeps who were in Dracula. I had a great time just chilling and laughing, and I only had one beer. When I got home, my Man (who had been out picking a team for his fantasy baseball league) came over and we snuggled to sleep. He'll be out of town the next few days working, so I snuggled extra hard (EXTREME SNUGGLING!).
The next few days are very busy in the nice, social-calendar sort of way, so I hope there will be more exciting stuff to report. Until then, enjoy the sunshine.

No comments: