Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Intro

Meet Kyle, the Office Walrus:


Kyle protects me while I'm in the ladies room at work. What does he protect me from? I don't know, really... germs? muggers? overly harsh self-criticism about what my naked knees look like? Anyway, I just thought you guys should meet.
(Don't tell Kyle, but if he didn't have tusks, I'd think he looked a little like Greedo from Star Wars. Hee hee!)

Last night's date with my Man was so nice. After work I stopped by Trader Joe's to get some staples. I wanted to pick up, among other things, mangoes, as I was hoping to make smoothies for breakfast for awhile (healthier than my current breakfast choice: 2 Eggos and a glass of milk). Sadly, no mangoes - but that was the worst part of my night.

I picked the Man up at 6:30 and drove to Chez Henri in between Porter and Harvard Squares. We were able to get rock-star parking right up close, which is great when it's cold and you don't have lots of quarters... We went in to the bar rather than the restaurant because the food is so much cheaper and if you're trying out an expensive restaurant, it's much better to be disappointed if your paying $12 rather than $35 per plate. Luckily, I needn't have worried, as everything was fabulous. My Man had the Cubano sandwich (I think it came with plantain chips) and I had the french onion soup and a duck tamale over spinach salad. Holy DUCK, people. Not only was the tamale delicious, there were hard-fried bits of duck on the salad that I can only describe as duck-bacon. We almost died it was so good. And I haven' even told you about the mojitos. They were the best mojitos ever EVER. I'm actually going to go out on a limb and say they were the best RUM drinks EVER. Damn. The man had some fruity cocktails, too, one of which had cava, gin and St. Germain, and it was AMAZING. Oh ho ho, we will certainly be going back there for the restaurant menu. Maybe for restaurant week in March.

Ahhhhh. Excuse me, now I'm going to shut my eyes and dream of duck bacon...

1 comment:

The Perfect Space said...

That WHOLE post was just an elaborate excuse to close your eyes and nap at your desk. Duck bacon dreams, indeed ;-)