Thursday, February 25, 2010

Dog's bollocks/In the moment

Trader Joe's Spicy Black Bean Dip is the motherfuckingdog'sbollocks.

In other news:
I had such a lovely time with J last night. We met (after a crappy, cruddy twenty-minute walk through the worst wet weather) at Legal Seafoods for some oysters and other tasty dishes and wine. Then we headed over the the House of Blues Foundation Room (think velvet walls and low lighting that are reminiscent of harem orgies and hukkahs) to listen to Mieke Pauley (if you like your singers strong enough for a man, but pH-balanced for a woman, you might love her).

One of the nicest things about the evening - other than getting J all to myself - was remembering why it's totally ok to be single and childless right here and now. Not that I'll stop stressing over my future, but it's nice to be carefree and unselfconscious about enjoying myself in the moment. I'm having a great time and not feeling guilty about it, or putting someone else's needs above my own. And I still get to crawl into my (inadequately small) bed with my Man (and two giant cats) at the end of the day. I'm going to try to revel in that a little more.

No comments: