Tuesday, September 1, 2009

On this day in history...

Last year, on this day, I was celebrating my birthday a day early because it was Labor Day and I had off from work. Good friends Dr. Monkey and A did all kinds of fun stuff with me.
Thirty-one(derful) was a pretty good year, but also a tumultuous one. There was relationship drama, job-loss, lots of snow, moving, elections! Dude! I frequently thought I was in one place, only to find myself in another one all together (figuratively - I did not do a lot of mind-altering drugs or write myself into a Hunter S. Thompson book...).

I'm looking forward to thirty-two(bular). I'm getting better with change, but I really hope to be with the same friends, same man, same job, same theatre group. Maybe just better. If I can give a little more to each of those (people/things), I think I will have ended up learning a lot and taking a lot away, too.

It's probbaly in poor taste to toast yourself, so I'll just toast to EVERYONE having a terrific 365 days:
PROST!