Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Beer in hell

So, have you seen this? You’ve probably seen this:



I can be silent no more.

I went to high school with this guy (well, not THIS guy. He’s an actor… I went to high school with the guy who THIS guy is portraying).

So, NOW Tucker Max seems to be a giant douchebag who hates women. He has no respect for people who… well, aren’t him. He’d probably say that it’s because most people are hateful, stupid, fat, whatever. Frankly, I don’t know what he’d say; I don’t know his mind. Actually, I REALLY hope I’m wrong and this jerky exterior conceals something better and deeper, and less amused by video-taping having anal sex with someone without them knowing (about the taping, that is. Presumably the anal sex was not a surprise).

So, Tucker came to my high school during my junior year. We were in the same Algebra II and English classes. He was kind of a jerk, but a LOVEABLE jerk. I liked him a lot. He was smart, saucy, funny. He didn’t really care what other people thought. He demanded on several occasions that I “learn him math”. I don’t think he actually needed the tutoring, but we always had fun together. One time, he came home with me from the weekend (it was a boarding school and I lived close by but his parents were in Florida and Kentucky). I warned my parents that he could be kind of a jerk and he made a fool out of me by being delightful and polite THE ENTIRE TIME.
UGH.

I just had… high hopes for him. I’m so disappointed. He has the resources to have accomplished ANYTHING. But this… this is just too bad.

Sidenote! the best thing I read in a review of this movie: "I hope they show 'I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell' in hell" - Chicago Tribune

1 comment:

Wonderland said...

Holy CRAP. You went to HS with Tucker Max?! And yes, I've read the book, and I couldn't have been more horrified. I do not have enough bad words in my vocabulary to discribe what a moron that guy is now. I have more to say on this, but this box is small.