Thursday, February 5, 2009

My updated blog: let me show you it!

Q: What the F have you been doing? You haven't blogged in forever, and YOU'RE UNEMPLOYED for crying out loud!

A: Well, yeah. But look, I've been, um... there was this yoga class, and a trip to the museum, training the cats for the Cat-lympics, and oh yeah! I also joined Facebook, and do not tell me you don't know about that time-suck. For serious, people. GIVE ME A BREAK! I do what I want!

Anyway, now that all that unpleasantness is behind us...
So, yeah, I do not have a job. I'm now rounding out week 4 of the no-job-having, and there are not many jobs out there, let me tell you.
There are some nice things though. Here they are, in no particular order:
1. More time with my man, with whom I'm having a great time. (You may be thinking: Didn't you mysteriously break up in your last post? Well, yes, but things change, and sometimes for the better.)
2. More kitty snuggle time.
3. Sleeping in. Not excessively, but it's so nice to not have to get up to the alarm.
4. Netflix. Oh hells yes I am getting my money's worth from those motherfuckers.
5. Yoga - I took my first yoga class ever yesterday and the instructor said she was surprised I'd never done it before. She also said (and I swear I am not making this up) that I had the body of a dancer. After I laughed TO DEATH at that, I thanked her and said I'd be back. I will: that shit is awesome. Funny side note about yoga in the middle of winter though, with my eyes closed, the sound of 7 women deep breathing sounded a lot like a vacuum running with some pennies flying around inside.
6. Finding religion.
7. HA HA HA HA! Just kidding about #6.
8. Time to memorize lines for the play I'm in. I haven't really started this part yet, but I'm happy for the time since it's Shakespeare, and that dude wrote SERIOUS lines.
9. Random lunches mid-week with friends. These lunches include drinking.
10. There is little-to-no traffic in my home.

Things that are less nice:
1. Not having a jobby-job.
2. Not having much of a routine.
3. Cats, sitting on my head at all hours of the day.
4. The job thing.
5. Talking about the job thing.

Hmmm. I think that's all the catching up there is to do. I've watched some good movies (Hamlet 2, for instance, was comedy gold), eaten/made some delicious food (French Onion soup tonight with the lovely J), and done some introspection (I really do like Colgate better than Crest...).

So, I'll also try to be better at this thing.

1 comment:

Wonderland said...

My man and I had violently different reactions to Hamlet 2. I'll just say he's on your side with this one (as per ususal... Ahhh...). I'm glad your back, babe.