Thursday, February 19, 2009

Likes and Dislikes

Just in case you ever needed to know:

Likes:
1. Coffees that are labeled "extra bold": I suspect that the moniker doesn't mean much, but I like to think it means that I am extra bold for drinking it.
2. Making lists: I can, and have, made lists of lists I have to make. I rarely cross off all of the items on a list (unless that list is a shopping list), and I usually just move the incomplete items to the top of a new list.
3. My lucky bamboo: My friend J bought me some lucky bamboo last year. It is consistently my healthiest plant. I love plants, but frequently kill them, so this is a very lucky bamboo, indeed.
4. My man's smile: Oh SO corny but true. What this guy can do with a smile, you have no idea. And when it's directed at me, I'm helpless to resist.
5. The expression "dog's bollocks": Man, is this not the best? Yes! It's the dog's bollocks! Fan.Damn.Tastic.
6. Indian food: I could probably extend this to include all of the foods that I didn't eat before I came to Boston and discovered that there are restaurants that are not owned by the good people who run Cracker Barrel, but Indian food is the best - tikka masala, saag paneer, NAAN, for crying out loud! Holy distended belly, Batman, I can't get enough!
7. Yoga. Did you know about this? This is amazing! And once I learn to breathe like I'm doing yoga instead of lamaze, I'm sure it'll be even better!
8. Nerds trapped in the bodies of supermodels: This covers most of the people I know, I swear. I know some very, very fine folk.
9. Champagne: I could drink champagne every day. Though it isn't always my first choice for drinking, it might be what I chose in one of those you're-trapped-on-a-desert-island-and-you-can-only-bring-a-lifetime-supply-of-one-liquor kind of scenarios.
10. Letting my freak flag fly: Man, the people who love me are REALLY indulgent of my quirkiness, and I think that's nice. In fact, I think it's the dog's bollocks!


Well, now that I've got all that down, I don't really feel like messing up the good vibes by outlining any of my dislikes. I'll get to that some other time. Right now, I got things to do - like cash my whopping unemployment check (you know you're jealous) so's I can buy myself some malt liquor and illegal narcotics.

2 comments:

feather nester said...

Great post! I, too, love the Indian. And lists. And yoga. Would like some elaboration on the nerd/supermodel thing. Also, have never heard the expression "dog's bollocks." You crazy, Bostonians. -ites. -ists. Whomever you are. At any rate, seems like a useful expression. I'd try to introduce it to TN, but S is copying everything we say lately and I think it would be slightly less cool coming out of a 2-year-old's mouth. Also, Ouiser would kill me.

die Frau said...

I think YOU are the dog's bollocks, if I got that right. I also enjoy Indian food. Strangely, we don't get a lot of that in the southtowns (my section of suburbia). Possibly stranger, we have a number of great Indian restaurants in the city itself and north--all the Indian folks are in the northern suburbs.

Yoga is nice and sooooothing, Ommmmm.