Monday, July 7, 2008

The 4th of Overcast...

Oh, the 4th of July was so nice! I started off by eating a leisurely breakfast with M (bacon and eggs, of course) and watching some Planet Earth (thank you, BBC!). Then I puttered around for awhile tidying up and doing some laundry. I went to get some sweets (apricot almond tart from Trader Joe's. I was going to make mocha nut brownies, but I had no time!) for a friend's bbq. I picked up M on my way to the bbq where within the first 1/2 hour of being there I managed to jam my finger in the metal door lock and scream like a howler monkey on crack. It still hurts, but I'll live. Also, I medicated with beer and a bag of ice. The entire thing was lovely(excluding the finger-jam)- with good friends and food, relaxing music and conversation. Then onto the fireworks!
So 500,000 people were gathered to watch the 'works. They started about 20 minutes late, which didn't matter, as the weather was agreeable - the only issue was that it was so overcast that we missed a lot of what I assume were great sights. After, we got another drink while the crowds died down and took the T to my car.

Saturday and yesterday were fairly lazy. Still, I feel like I got a lot done - learned most of my lines, did some light gardening, ironed (my all time hated chore). Yesterday I picked J up when she dropped off her ZipCar and we went for a delightful dinner in Teele square where we practically licked (drank?) the plates clean. Yum.

Anyway, this week promises to be busy and crazy at work, but hey, what else is new? I'd better get to it...

No comments: