Monday, September 17, 2012

Weekend update


Friday night I went to see Theatre@First’s production of Bent. WHOA. It was incredible. I laughed, I cried, I had to look away occasionally. Somerville/Cambridge peeps, if you haven’t already seen it, you should go.

Saturday I mostly did stuff around the house and had a rehearsal. When I got home the Man had also just gotten back from running Reach the Beach (which is a super-long relay run that takes place from Friday afternoon through Saturday afternoon). He’d run about 16 miles total and was understandably tired. We went to Orleans for some food and then came home and watched our Breaking Bad Netflix.

Sunday meant that I had to do my homework for my Finance class today. I read one chapter and started on the problems. Luckily we’ll go over the homework in the beginning of today’s class because I’m having a hell of a time calculating retained earnings with the information they’re giving me. I know there must be something I’m missing. Oh my goodness I bet you never knew I could be so fascinating! The highlight of my day* was when the Man, who was putting in a new shower fan/light, had cut a hole straight into the attic and dropped a drill bit into the tub from the attic. I got it for him and we were chatting, me in the tub and him in the attic, when some detritus fell into my open mouth. I almost died as I rinsed decades-old dirt and dust out of my mouth. Lesson that I keep having to learn anew: Keep your damn mouth closed.

And now I’m back at work. Happy day! I shall have to use my lunch break to complete my homework (I didn’t leave it until today because I’m lazy, just because my work computer is better than my home computer and I have a printer here).

*Actually, the highlight of my day was probably when J came and bought me chocolate/chocolate chunk cookies. COOKIES!


No comments: