Friday, July 27, 2012

Three questions

If I were to take a large and danger-filled journey up a mountain to ask a guru three questions, to get mystical answers that would BLOW MY MIND and make me feel in touch with all of the bits of the universe, these would be my questions:

1. Why do good things happen to bad people?

2. What do you do with the pieces of a broken heart?

3. If it's 85 degrees outside, and people are dressed for hot weather, why do you need to set the air conditioner to "arctic blast" so that I lose feeling in my fucking fingers and have permanent goose bumps? WHY? WWWWWHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?




Thank you. Come again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Why do good things happen to bad people?" is now my favorite thing. It edges out "Every funnel cloud has a silver lining," which became my favorite thing when I said it a couple of hours ago.

Incidentally, blogger is asking me to prove I'm not a robot, which is really quite a difficult feat, and I'm not sure I can. Actually, I'm not sure I'm not a robot. Fortunately, it seems willing to let me post despite such proof, as long as I can read graphically represented text.

Leslie said...

I have struggled with the "how does one know one is not a robot" question for some time. I'm happy I'm not the only one. I no longer feel lonely in my cold, black (possibly mechanical) heart.

So thanks.