Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Powers

I thought that as an adult I would have powers. Not special powers, mind you, just regular powers.

I thought I would have the power to eat more salads and fewer snack bags of potato chips.
I thought I would have the power to schedule haircuts before my hair goes all floppy and weird.
I thought I would have the power to cultivate a healthy sleep pattern in line with my circadian rhythms.
I thought I would have the power not to get my hopes up when we see a house we really like and then the Man puts an offer on it but we don't get it.

I have none of these powers.
Luckily, I can eat more salad tomorrow. I can generally get a hair appointment within a day or so. I'll sleep when I'm dead (I hope). And that house (somehow) just came back on the market.

So that's something.

3 comments:

The Perfect Space said...

Maybe you have more powers than you thought...

Leslie said...

Zing! Take that, Universe!
:)

Anonymous said...

You'll beat me to Davis Square yet!