Thursday, May 19, 2011

Inching forward

Last night I mentioned to the Man that I would actually have to move in with him a week earlier than we thought since the first of July is actually on a Friday and I'd have to be out of my apartment on the first.
That makes the count down until move in just five weeks.

He agreed. He's a landlord, too. He knows the rules.

I also made some suggestions of how I could do things that would make the moving process easier (renting an actual moving van instead of using someone's pick-up truck, putting almost everything in the garage straight away and dealing with it later). He agreed.

I was washing the dishes and he was checking his fantasy baseball on my iPad on the couch while we had this brief exchange.

Leslie: Ok, great. And now we can stop talking about stuff you don't want to talk about.
Man: We can (sounds of me washing dishes) bbletkdlllf whatovnhhhheeed
Leslie: Wait. (turning off water) What?
Man: We can talk about whatever...
Leslie: ...whatever I need to talk about?
Man: Right.
Leslie: Oh. Ok.

Is this progress? Maybe. Perhaps I'm grasping at straws, or maybe he's softening and is actually willing to address the fact that in a little over a month we'll really be living in the same place. His place.
Either way, a girl's gotta plan.

1 comment:

The Perfect Space said...

He's a very practical man. Deep down, he knows you're are just talking sense. And he likes sense.