Thursday, March 10, 2011

Abundance

Something special happened this morning. I realized that for the first time since I was a child I slept through the night. Well, I slept from bedtime (around 11pm) to 5:18am. I didn't have anything to drink last night and I didn't take any NyQuil, despite the fact that I cannot seem to kick this cold.

Sometimes I don't have to get up before 5am, but I always look at the clock several times to determine if I have to be "on alert" because morning is coming.

I was elated when I woke up and found that I'd slept so long. I felt rested and happy. Then the Man woke up. And the cats. I fed the cats and got back in bed and spooned the Man; I was the back spoon. We snuggled, fiercely, because he's out of town for the next four days. We talked about how we enjoyed the snuggling. Then he left to get a head start on the day. I lay in bed for awhile enjoying the warmth from the cats and then I got up.

Isn't it funny how you can wake up just after 5am and feel totally rested and yet when you then blog 3 hours later you're tired again? Hmm.


In any case, the abundance!
Here are the acting things I am involved in right now:

-I'm performing a staged reading of a play next Friday night
-I'm in a one-act play that shows on April 10th
-I'm part of a Sci-Fi podcast series, one episode of which records this Saturday
-I auditioned for a play on Monday
-I'm auditioning for an actual paying gig next Thursday for which I am currently memorizing four monologues and I'm actually a little overwhelmed
-I'm auditioning for an extra role in a film next weekend
-I had to, for the first time ever, turn down a role someone offered me because there's so much going on.

I'm overwhelmed, but in a good way. I called J the other day to let it all out*, and she said:

"So basically, your dreams are coming true and you don't know what to do?"

Hmm. Touché.



*NOT to complain. Please don't misunderstand!