Thursday, January 13, 2011
We've had two snow emergencies so far this winter, and I'm already sick of them.
It started snowing on Tuesday night, and Somerville had preemptively called a snow emergency. So I stayed at the Man's house. Then I couldn't go back to my place since there was NO parking. And, in fact, since there's still a snow emergency I technically still can't go back. I'm only allowed to park on the odd side of the street, and there's no safe place to park that doesn't already have a car in it...
So I stayed with the Man and I may have to use his driveway even though he's in Maine for the next few days.
Things I like about staying with the Man during a snow emergency:
1. I cleaned his place and now his place is clean.*
2. Random snuggles
3. I got to sit on the couch and read a book. For hours.
5. Even clearing snow was kind of fun because he used the snow blower and I got the easy job of the front and back stairs and then I was done. Easy!
Things I like not so much about staying with the Man during a snow emergency:
1. I cleaned.**
2. Zero kitty snuggles
3. I had to drive to my place twice to feed the cats and check to see if the sidewalk had been shoveled and I parked illegally and dangerously while checking...
4. The shower is a sad drippy thing with little water pressure.
5. It's not my place to turn up the heat so my nose was cold.
*I know this may sound weird. But it needed to be cleaned. And when I was done, he walked through and was all "Wow". And I indicated that the level of clean was a preview of how it would ALWAYS be when we lived together. CLEAN!
**He does not have the proper tools to clean his own home. But, this will change when we merge households!