Friday, September 3, 2010

On the day

So yesterday was my actual birthday, but today marks day two of the celebration. Tonight is ladies night.

Last night I spent with the Man. After work I came home, fiddled around, watched that episode of The X Files from Season 6 where they get trapped in that giant fungus that secretes a hallucinogenic goo so that they don't know they're inside a fungus - do you remember that one? No? Well, whatever.
Anyway, I put on a pretty dress, and I tried to take a picture of myself, but it didn't work out, so instead I took a pic of the presents I got from the Man.

First: a living plant (rather than cut flowers, which he doesn't like) PRETTY!
Next: Mountain Dew with NO hfcs! Just real sugar baby! That's how I want my caffeine/sugar high to go! And look at the old-school design on this 12-pack. Fantastic.

And also: a glue gun* for my new projects that have to do with re-upholstery. YAY! There's NO WAY I'll end up burning myself with this, I'm sure!**
Not only were the presents awesome, but we went to dinner at Harvest, a froofy place in Harvard Square. The Man had a dirty martini and the GIANT hamburger, and I had 2 glasses of champagne and the duck. I know, I'm very boring because I always get the duck but let me tell you that this was the best duck in the whole world and I'm a better person for having eaten it. That's how good it was.
Afterward, we went to a Charles Hotel bar, Noir, for more froofy drinks. It was pretty terrific.

Sadly, birthdays end, and mine did so in a fit of NOT sleeping from 4am on. BUT STILL! I had a wonderful day.

*Super story about the glue gun: Whilst the Man and I were having drinks, he made sure to tell me that he might have gotten me a staple gun, but he already has a staple gun so I could use his. Instead he got me the glue gun as a compliment to the tools he already had. Do you see what he did there? He thought ahead to the time when we combine assets. Oh, he's SOOOO romantic!!

**Just kidding! OF COURSE I'll burn myself with this! My skin will have the texture of melted mozzarella!

No comments: