Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The show must... go on

So, last night was our first dress rehearsal for the night of one-act plays I'm in. We open this Thursday. I am sleepy and excited. I'm in a mostly silent show (there's just one line of dialogue) so all of the emotion/jokes/ideas are communicated physically. There are also gags in between the other shows, so all in all, it's a lot of running around (literally). I love it though. The more theatre I do, the more I want to do. I'm always reminded of the line in Macbeth about the appetite growing with eating. I can only assuming that I'm improving as an actor, though I don't really notice much of a difference. I hope to be doing this for a looooooooooong time.

In unrelated news, I've been heading up to New Hampshire on the weekends with my man. I've met his family and a bunch of his friends, and it's all been delightful. They're fun people and we've had lobster, gone surfing (well, not me, I read magazines on the beach), and chilled out in Portsmouth. I have a couple of nice pictures of the beach in Rye I'd like to post.

Have a great day, all.

1 comment:

die Frau said...

Portsmouth rocks! It's the one other place we'd consider living in. T's brother and sister lived there for a while and she still works there, I think. Glad it all seems to be going well.

Break a leg!